Host an Event
Dublin Learning City Festival will run virtually from the 22nd to 24th March 2021 to celebrate and promote learning for all, through fun and creative events.
Dublin Learning City is led by the Institute of Art and Design (IADT) and Marino Institute of Education (MIE), as part of a cluster of six colleges including University College Dublin (UCD), National College of Art and Design (NCAD), Trinity College Dublin (TCD), and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI). This is a HEA-funded initiative to collaboratively promote and advance equality of access to higher education for under-represented groups. We are also working in partnership with City of Dublin Education and Training Board (CDETB) and Dublin Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board (DDLETB). We will link a number online event to support life-long learning and promote the concept of UNESCO Learning Cities for Dublin.
This Consortium includes five projects: Creative Arts Summer School, led by NCAD; Open Learning, led by UCD; Community Mentoring, led by TCD; Dublin Learning City, jointly led by IADT and MIE; and the 1916 Bursaries, led by UCD.
In order to create a diverse programme that includes a range of subjects of traditional and non-traditional learning, we are inviting Events Hosts all over Dublin to take part of this year’s festival. If you have an event that can take place during the festival week, is free, open to all audiences and has learning as its focus, then get in touch with us by completing this Event Registration Form!
We welcome all types of events including:
- Live/pre-recorded virtual Workshops
- Access programmes to 3rd Level Education
- Dublin Street Scavenger Hunts
- Self-guided walking trails
- Talks and online Q&A sessions
- Panel Discussion
- Live/pre-recorded Storytelling
- Film screenings
- Store online tour videos
- Live stream Book evenings
- Treasure hunts and quizzes
- Self Guided Activities
- Or Resources already available to share
Who can participate:
Everyone is welcome! Hosts can be individuals, organisations or companies who want to share their knowledge and passion with others.
What we can offer in return is:
- Branding on social media posters
- Branding on our website
- Branding and promotion on social media platforms
- Inclusion in event press releases
- Inclusion in other promotional opportunities that may arise
- Logistical support in the planning process